Monday, July 27, 2009

Why Be Radical?

My reasons for the title "Radical Embodied Cognition":
1 - Embodied Cognition was already taken
2 - My views are outside the mainstream of embodied cognition anyhow
3 - I'm in the process of reading the pre-publication version of Anthony Chemero's Radical Embodied Cognitive Science and identify very closely with the "radical" viewpoint as he describes it
4 - I'm hoping that the publication of that book will popularize the term so that anyone coming to this blog will have at least a vague sense of my philosohpical orientation

Should Anthony Chemero happen to want this blogspot address, he is welcome to it. In the meantime, I will set out on my own in presenting an unapologetically non-representational, fully embodied theory of mind.

(Note: I believe the term radical embodied cognition was originally coined by Andy Clark, but he doesn't actually believe in it and so is very unlikely to go around blogging about it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment